Please read this Policy in its entirety before using or submitting information to us through this website or any online resource, or by other electronic means of communication. By using our website or communicating with us electronically, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy and our Terms of Service, and any information that you submit to the Firm through this site or other means of electronic communication will be collected, processed, used, and disclosed in accordance with these terms.
The terms, policies, and disclosures contained in this Policy may change over time, so please plan to review this Policy periodically for changes.
1. What Information We Collect
You are not required to provide any personal information on any area of this site. However, you may choose to provide us with personal information about yourself by corresponding with us by telephone, electronic mail, via this website, offline, or otherwise.
The personal information that you may provide or that we may collect includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Your name;
- Your employment status, including job title and company name;
- Your contact details, including your mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
- Depending on the matter, your date of birth, age, gender, marital status, and other demographic information;
- Information relating to the matter with respect to which you are seeking our legal advice or representation;
- Depending on the matter, personal information relating to your family members and/or personal information relating to your income, financial status, and/or asset ownership;
- Business or professional qualifications or experience;
- Information relating to the company with which you are affiliated, including personal information about the company’s directors, officers, beneficial owners, or agents, and relevant company financial and operating information;
- Other personal information contained in correspondence or documents which you may provide to us.
We use the personal information so collected to send you information that you have requested or other information in which we believe that you will be interested; to respond to an inquiry that you have submitted; to administer and improve our website; to enable you to access areas of the website which are password-protected or for which a password is required; to comply with our internal business policies; to send you communications concerning the Firm; to invite you to seminars, events, or other functions we believe may be of interest to you, and for research, statistical, and survey purposes. With respect to client representations, we may use personal information provided by you to complete the legal services for which you have hired us, subject to your instructions, privacy and data protection laws, and our professional duty of confidentiality.
2. How We Collect Personal Information
- Data Submitted Directly By You. When you contact us, request information, subscribe for a service, register as a user, or otherwise send us data we typically collect data such as your name and contact information and certain other personal information. Examples include personal information that you voluntarily provide to us on this website or offline, or information submitted by you to subscribe to receive emails, alerts, or other communications (ie. newsletters). In each such instance, you will know what data we have collected through the website or offline because you actively submit that to us.
You can control and/or disable cookies by adjusting your preferences on your internet browser. You can also delete cookies that are already on your computer. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
3. Security - How We Protect Your Information
Information transmitted over the internet, generally, and specifically personal information transmitted to us by using this website or other electronic communication to us, is not completely secure. Given that, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of your personal information transmitted electronically to us and any such transmission is at your own risk. Nonetheless, we take reasonable efforts to protect and secure your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. This includes, among other things, using industry standard techniques such as firewalls, intrusion detection, and site monitoring.
Internally, we will restrict access to your personal information to personnel who need access to the information in order to do their jobs or provide the product or service requested.
4. Sharing Personal Information
We are not in the business of selling or sharing your personal information. Accordingly, personal information will be retained by us and will not be shared, sold, transferred, or otherwise disclosed to any third party, except as set forth in this Privacy Notice. Specifically, we may disclose personal information as follows:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. These entities provide information technology, web hosting, and infrastructure support services for us.
- We do not control the collection and use of personal information by these third parties; however, when possible we seek to obligate these providers to use the information only to the extent necessary to provide the services being contracted for;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- To enforce our rights;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- If necessary to comply with any legal, regulatory, or professional obligation;
In addition, we may disclose aggregated personal information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
5. Links To Other Sites
6. Access By Minors
Our website is intended for use by adults only, and children under the age of majority (or under the age at which the child may enter a legally binding contract, if greater) are not to submit personal information to us. We do not knowingly accept or request personal information transmitted by such persons. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a minor, we will either (i) delete any personal information so received; or (ii) obtain verifiable consent in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you become aware that a minor child has submitted or provided us with personal information, please have that child’s parent, legal guardian, or person having legal responsibility for the child contact us to have any personal information submitted by the child deleted from our records.