Terms and Conditions of Use
Burns Law Offices, S.C. Website
1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Use
2. Links To Third Party Sites
The Firm website may contain links to websites which are owned by, or sponsored by, third parties and which are neither owned or controlled by the Firm. The Firm links to these websites as a service to our users; however, the presence of such a link is not an endorsement of the linked-to website by the Firm and is provided with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, or timeliness. The Firm does not investigate, monitor, or check such linked-to websites for accuracy or completeness and is not responsible for the content or opinions expressed in any such linked-to website. Further, the Firm does not warrant that any linked-to website is free of computer viruses or other malicious code that can negatively impact your computer or other web access device, or which embeds codes that result in unwanted marketing pop-ups. Use of, or accessing, such linked-to sites is at your own risk.
3. Use of Site Does Not Make You A Client
This website is provided by the Firm for general informational purposes and convenience. Please be advised that accessing or browsing this website, using its services or functionality does not make you a client of the Firm. Your use of this website does not provide, does not constitute, and should not be construed as, legal advice or the Firm’s agreement to act as your legal representative or provide legal services for you, or create an attorney-client relationship. Our Firm cannot represent you until we determine that there would be no conflict of interest and that we are otherwise able to accept representation of your matter. You should not submit any information specific to a matter until a formal attorney/client relationship has been established through an interview with a representative of the Firm and you have been given authorization in the form of an Engagement Letter with Firm. Any information sent by you prior to you and the Firm signing an Engagement Agreement will not be protected by attorney/client privilege.
4. Personal Information
- The Firm does not promise or warrant that the site will be error-free or uninterrupted, or that the site will provide specific results from your use of any content, search, or link on the site. The Firm disclaims ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES (INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS for a particular purpose) WITH RESPECT TO THE FUNCTIONALITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE.
- Persons accessing information on this site assume full responsibility for the use of the information and understand and agree that the Firm is not responsible or liable for any claim, loss, or damage arising from the use of information provided on the site, or information provided on a linked-to third party site. Use of any information provided on this site, or any linked-to site, is strictly at your own risk. At the time that we post content to our website, we believe that the information provided reflects the current state of that topic. However, as time passes from the date that the information is posted, developments may take place which render the original content outdated and not reflective of the current state of that topic. Given the changing nature of legal, accounting, and financial precedent over time, and that each person’s individual circumstances can affect the applicability of a particular topic, we do not warrant the accuracy, applicability, and timeliness of any particular topic discussion provided on this website. No course of action should be undertaken, or planning implemented, without a discussion of the matter with a licensed, experienced legal professional. The Firm expressly disclaims any representation or warranty express or implied concerning the accuracy, completeness or fitness for a particular purpose of the information contained on the site or sites which are linked-to.
- You acknowledge that information transmitted over the internet, generally, and specifically by using this website, is not completely secure. Although we do take reasonable measures to secure the site, we therefore do not guarantee or warrant that your computer equipment will not be infected with viruses or other malware, including spyware or ransomware, or that your actions while accessing the site will not be subject to unintended or unauthorized third-party access. You are responsible for implementing sufficient security measures to safeguard your website experience against such consequences. Accordingly, THE FIRM WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR COMPUTER PROGRAMS OR DATA DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY LINKED-TO SITE, OR WHICH MAY RESULT IN UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR TECHNOLOGY EQUIPMENT.
- YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE FIRM NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE FIRM MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE FIRM NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE FIRM REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE FIRM HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
6. Limitation of Liability.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE FIRM, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OWNERS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
8. Reservation of Rights
9. Contact For Alleged Copyright Infringement
The Firm respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any content provided on this site infringes upon the work product of another which is protected by copyright, or is an infringement upon another’s intellectual property rights, you may contact us to discuss those concerns as follows:
Burns Law Offices, S.C.
1001 W Glen Oaks Lane Suite 227
Mequon, WI 53092
10. Prohibited Conduct
11. Limitation On Time To File Claims
12. Applicable Law and Dispute Resolution
In the event that arbitration is not undertaken, or the above arbitration provision is held to be illegal or otherwise unenforceable, such disputes shall be instituted exclusively in U.S. federal court or the courts of the State of Wisconsin, in each case located in a city within thirty (30) miles of the Firm’s principal office. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to such venue.